Robin is a Senior Healthcare Finance professional with more than 30 years of extensive experience in operational responsibilities, strategic planning, and financial management. Her experience includes but is not limited to various aspects of healthcare operations: physician practices, hospitals ranging in size from major teaching, community, long-term care, critical access, behavioral health, outpatient facilities, governmental, rural, and ambulatory care. Robin has proven expertise in improved revenue cycle, debt restructuring, treasury management, IT integration and managed care negotiations. She is a decisive, results-oriented leader with proven results in healthcare management.
- Physician practice and hospital CFO experience
- Subject Matter Expert: Physician Compensation programs – assessment, development and implementation
- Subject Matter Expert in Accounting and financial operations
- Subject Matter expertise in leading a hospitalist company
- Physician hospital organizations, including capitation and risk and operations
- Revenue cycle improvement strategies
- Debt restructuring
- Former CFO Role: Greene Health Partners, Miamisburg, OH and Renown Hospital Physician Group, Reno, NV
Robin has considerable professional experience serving in positions of financial leadership in the healthcare industry. Before joining Warbird Consulting Partners, she served as Director of Revenue Cycle for Athens Regional Health System; CFO at Harnett Health System; CFO at Coshocton County Memorial Hospital; CFO and VP of Finance at Eagle Hospital Physicians, LLC; CFO and VP of Finance at Major Hospital; CFO at Greene Health Partners; and Director of Revenue and Statistical Reporting at Meridia Huron Hospital.
- Interim CFO (and prior Director of Finance) for a 210 bed hospital and 400 bed hospital which included distinct Behavioral Health units.
- As acting CFO was Administrative leader for Electronic Medical Record installing of Meditech and LSS for a JCAHO accredited, full-service acute-care hospital, met with all physician; corrected outsourcing arrangements, expanded coding expertise, and established formal hospitalist program with physicians.
- Managed privately held Hospitalist company with 130 fulltime physician and 125 part time physicians; responsible for strategic planning, overseeing all finance functions, physician billing, and compliance plans. Successfully improved contracts on poor performing accounts, setup new software strategy for payroll, GL, billing and core system design, and created meaningful reports for Chief Medical Officer, VP of Physician practices site.
- CFO and VP Finance of a community hospital jointly owned by city/county commissioners with net revenues of $86M licensed for 95 beds, foundation, for-profit pharmacy, five physician groups, onsite clinic and software company; assumed financial reporting of physician practices and charged with hiring a team to support the effort.
- Worked with a community hospital licensed for 210 beds with distinct units to obtain capital funding which enabled investment for expansion, streamlined revenue cycle, and facilitated physician contracting to enable model of practice to fit physician whether employment arrangement or independent model.
- Managed relationships of emergency physicians and anesthesia contracts, reviewed insurance contracts for wording and financial feasibility and PHO to take capitation risk, and converted to new IT system, including rebuilding reports and GL structure.
- Functioned as Director of Revenue and Statistical Reporting for a major teaching 395 bed hospital along with 3 other hospitals total beds just under 1,000.
- Analyzed, maintained, and improved internal control over the fiscal assets for the hospital. Provided guidance, analysis and review of the activities of general accounting, payroll, cashiers and financial analysis and reporting.
- Led conversion of Time and Attendance system, streamlined monthly closing process, established protocol for reimbursement analyst to perform audits of patient bills, and standardized dashboard reports for system hospital executives.
- Led Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) implementation for meaningful use monitoring.
- Improved coding at clinical practice sites by setting schedules for performance of coding staff and meeting monthly with operations members on key initiatives.
- Attended site locations as support for contract issues or training of physician staff.
- Improved net revenue by 15% with strategic pricing, installation of automated supply charging system.
- Served on Medical Advisory Board and assisted in clinical pathway development, resulting in a decrease of average length of stay by one half day.
- Converted to new IT system, including rebuilding reports, GL structure.
- Involved in establishing package pricing for cardiac services with clinical directors across all hospital units.